Scarlett Johansson and Ryan Reynolds Split Up
Scarlett Johansson and Ryan Reynolds are splitting up. The couple married in September 2008 and separated six months ago.
The actors said in a joint statement, "After long and careful consideration on both our parts, we've decided to end our marriage. We entered our relationship with love and it's with love and kindness we leave it. While privacy isn't expected, it's certainly appreciated."
It was the first marriage for both actors. (Reynolds was previously engaged to singer and fellow Canadian, Alanis Morrisette.)
At stake -- a documentary narrated by Reynolds and executive produced by both actors. The film follows Luna, a killer whale separated from his pack near British Columbia -- not far from where Johansson and Reynolds wed in a secret ceremony in September 2008.
"We have no reason to believe that their passion and commitment to this project will waver as a result of any changes in their personal lives," a producer for the film told the LA Times.
Johansson will next star opposite in Matt Damon in Cameron Crowe's We Bought a Zoo. She's also reprising her Iron Man 2 Black Widow role in The Avengers.
The Proposal and Buried star Reynolds also plays a superhero in Green Lantern, and stars opposite Olivia Wilde in the 2011 release, The Change-Up.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR