'About Schmidt' Producer Michael Besman to Run L.A. Office for Caryn Mandabach Productions
Besman, whose credits also include “As Good as It Gets” and “Seven Years in Tibet,” will develop and produce high-end TV for the group targeting the international marketplace.
Veteran film producer Michael Besman (About Schmidt) will head up the new L.A. office of Caryn Mandabach Productions, the Hollywood headquarters for the U.K.-based producer whose credits include That 70s Show, Nurse Jackie and Roseanne.
Besman, whose studio credits also include Batman, As Good as It Gets and Seven Years in Tibet, will be charged with developing and producing high-end TV content for the U.S., the U.K. and international broadcasters.
Caryn Mandabach Productions is one of a group of pan-Atlantic outfits looking to produce premium series targeting the global market. The group's most recent show is Steven Knight's Brit period gang drama Peaky Blinders, a co-production with Tiger Aspect, which stars Cillian Murphy, Sam Neill, and Helen McCrory. The first six-part season aired on BBC in September and has been optioned by The Weinstein Company in the U.S. Season two currently is in pre-production and set to air in the autumn of 2014.
The company is in active development with comedy and drama series for the multiple networks, including HBO and the USA Network in the U.S. and the BBC and Channel 4 in the U.K.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's Top 25 Stylist, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Grant Gustin Is Proud & Stoked to Wear 'Flash' Costume!
- Angelina Jolie Reveals She Will Have Another Preventative Cancer Surgery
- Shailene Woodley Slams 'Twilight' to 'Teen Vogue': It's About An Unhealthy, Toxic Relationship
- Sarah Michelle Gellar & James Wolk Are 'The Crazy Ones' at Hall of Fame Gala!