Score Media Acquires U.S. SportsTap Mobile App
Canadian broadcaster acquires SportsTap smartphone app to become third largest U.S. mobile sports app provider, after ESPN and Yahoo.
TORONTO – Canadian sports broadcaster Score Media has acquired rival U.S. mobile sports app SportsTap for an undisclosed price.
Toronto-based Score Media will add SportsTap to its own mobile app, ScoreMobile, to become the third largest U.S. smartphone sports app provider, behind ESPN and Yahoo.
"ScoreMobile's acquisition of SportsTap brings together two innovative and popular services and positions us well to deliver even more exciting experiences for sports fans and creative solutions for our advertising partners," said Benjie Levy, executive vp and COO of Score Media.
The ad-supported SportsTap app works on the iPhone and Android devices.
Score Media said it will operate SportsTap as a stand-alone business.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Masters Of Sex, Girls & "Boogie Train": Conversations with Michael Penn and Foghat's Roger Earl
- The Americans 'New Car' Recap: "I'm a Good Person, I Swear!"
- The Extremely Hard Lessons That the Themed Entertainment Industry Learned From Hard Rock Park
- Joe Biden Posts First Selfie With None Other Than President Obama