Score Media Acquires U.S. SportsTap Mobile App
Canadian broadcaster acquires SportsTap smartphone app to become third largest U.S. mobile sports app provider, after ESPN and Yahoo.
TORONTO – Canadian sports broadcaster Score Media has acquired rival U.S. mobile sports app SportsTap for an undisclosed price.
Toronto-based Score Media will add SportsTap to its own mobile app, ScoreMobile, to become the third largest U.S. smartphone sports app provider, behind ESPN and Yahoo.
"ScoreMobile's acquisition of SportsTap brings together two innovative and popular services and positions us well to deliver even more exciting experiences for sports fans and creative solutions for our advertising partners," said Benjie Levy, executive vp and COO of Score Media.
The ad-supported SportsTap app works on the iPhone and Android devices.
Score Media said it will operate SportsTap as a stand-alone business.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack