Scott Adsit Cast as Melissa McCarthy's Ex-Husband in 'St. Vincent de Van Nuys' (Exclusive)
The "30 Rock" star will play a divorced dad who has trouble connecting with his 12-year-old son.
Scott Adsit has landed a leading role opposite Melissa McCarthy in St. Vincent de Van Nuys. Ted Melfi is directing from a screenplay he wrote.
The coming-of-age story focuses on a cranky war veteran (Bill Murray) who becomes an unlikely mentor to a 12-year-old boy whose parents have divorced. Adsit will play McCarthy’s ex-husband, whose divorce and disconnected demeanor have compromised his relationship with their son.
Naomi Watts, Chris O’Dowd and Terrence Howard round out the cast.
Don Cheadle, Peter Chernin, Ted Melfi, Fred Roos and Jenno Topping are producing. The Weinstein Co. is distributing the film in the U.S.
An alum of Chicago’s Second City, where he performed alongside Tina Fey, Adsit is best known for his series regular role as Peter Hornberger on the NBC series 30 Rock.
He is repped by APA and Melanie Truhett-Posehn at Truhett/Garcia Management.E-mail: Tatiana.Siegel@THR.com
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR