Scott Free hires Channel 4 exec Liza Marshall
Company pushing for greater U.K., international profile
LONDON -- Ridley and Tony Scott's film and television production company Scott Free said Tuesday it plans to ramp up European filmmaking, hiring Channel 4 head of drama Liza Marshall to head up the U.K. office and grow its creative relationships.
Marshall will build the company's profile in the U.K. and internationally, overseeing an expansion in European filmmaking as well as the development and production of the current titles the company has on its slate, said Ridley Scott.
Marshall and her team will leverage Scott Free's existing partnerships, including a feature film deal with Twentieth Century Fox, in a bid to grow the U.K. company's activities.
"At a time of uncertainty in many areas of the business, and in particular in the specialty film sector in the U.S., we believe it is an opportune time to step up our commitment to European filmmaking," said Ridley Scott.
"Liza's appointment enables us to offer a real home for creative talent and help them navigate the new business models which will be needed to get films made."
Marshall, a highly acclaimed executive whose Channel 4 credits include "Boy A," "The Shooting of Thomas Hurndall," and "Red Riding," takes up the post effective immediately.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- Glenn Beck Moves Into Movie Production (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sofia Vergara Flaunts Amazing Bikini Body & Rock Hard Abs for 'Women's Health'! (Exclusive Pic)
- January Jones & Christina Hendricks: Ladies of 'Mad Men' Help Launch Jimmy Choo's CHOO.08
- Jenny McCarthy & Donnie Wahlberg Engaged, Announce News on 'The View' - See Her Engagement Ring Here!
- Tori Spelling Speaks for First Time About Unfaithful Husband Dean McDermott