Scott Koondel Expands Role at CBS Corp.
The company veteran has been named to the newly created role of senior vp and chief corporate content licensing officer.
CBS Corp. has expanded the role of senior executive Scott Koondel, naming him to the newly created position of senior vp and chief corporate content licensing officer.
The company veteran will be responsible for developing and executing a strategy designed to maximize revenue from the licensing and distribution of content from all of the company’s business units. In addition, Koondel will seek out opportunities to optimize the value of programming assets associated with CBS’ interest in The CW as well as the CBS library.
He reports to Joseph Ianniello, executive vp and chief financial officer at CBS Corp.
“Scott’s efforts over the past several years have opened a variety of new markets and have had a major positive financial impact for CBS,” Ianniello said. “He is a truly unique executive, with his finger on the pulse of this emerging growth area for our company."
Koondel previously was the president of distribution for CBS Television Distribution, where he oversaw the sale of CBS programming in the off-network programming marketplace. He also spearheaded the company’s entry into the emerging digital distribution space and played a key role in the deals that brought CBS library programming to Netflix and Amazon, among others.
Koondel will continue to be involved in the company's domestic cable and digital programming sales under the newly formed CBS Global Distribution Group.
He first joined the company in 1994, serving as Paramount Pictures' Eastern division manager in New York.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack