Scott Seviour Named Epic Records' EVP Marketing and Artist Development
The exec's music business pedigree goes back to Clive Davis’ J Records, where he was a founding employee.
Epic Records has named Scott Seviour executive vice president of marketing and artist development.
In his new role, based out of Sony Music's New York headquarters, Seviour will oversee all of Epic’s marketing efforts as well as brand partnerships, public relations, video Production, creative and digital departments. He'll report to COO Mark Shimmel. The label is run by veteran music business executive and X Factor judge L.A. Reid.
Said Seviour in an announcement of his appointment: “The environment that L.A. is creating for our roster of artists and executives is unmatched in the industry, and I am really honored to be part of the Epic team. It is truly the time to #BeEpic.”
Angelica Cob-Baehler had previously held the evp of marketing position. She was let go from the label in August, a casualty of "senior management reassessment," a spokesperson said at the time.
Seviour arrives from Sony-owned RCA Music Group, where his title was svp, artist development, and before that Clive Davis’ J Records, where he was a founding employee. He has also worked at ABC's Good Morning America, where he served as the show’s Entertainment Producer, and The Walt Disney Company as director, talent development and music programming for the Disney Channel.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game