Scott Weiland Died of Accidental Drug Overdose, Medical Examiner Confirms
The former Stone Temple Pilots and Velvet Revolver frontman died on Dec. 3 while on tour with The Wildabouts.
The Hennepin County Medical Examiner's office shared a press release Friday that Scott Weiland died of a "mixed drug toxicity: cocaine, ethanol and methylenedioxyamphetamine (MDA). Other significant conditions are noted as atherosclerotic cardiovascular disease, history of asthma and multi-substance dependence. Manner of death is accident."
Weiland, 48, passed away in Minnesota on Thursday, Dec. 3 while on tour with his band, Scott Weiland and the Wildabouts. The former Stone Temple Pilots and Velvet Revolver frontman's funeral was held in Los Angeles Thursday, Dec. 10.
This story first appeared on billboard.com