Scream Awards: 5 Best Moments From the Show
Spike TV’s event celebrating sci-fi, horror and fantasy aired October 18.
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 may have taken home the top prize, and the most awards at the Scream Awards, which aired Tuesday, but there were plenty of winners that night, from Colin Farrell's slightly sexual poem for Robert Downey Jr. to George Lucas' surprise appearance. The Harry Potter tribute was a fitting way to say goodbye to the series, with Daniel Radcliffe accepting the award for Ultimate Scream.
Additionally, many of the big names in sci-fi and thriller films attended the event and appeared on stage. Pee-Wee Herman accepted the Visionary Award, and Darren Aronofsky took home Best Director for Black Swan.
Here are five of the best moments from the show:
1. George Lucas Makes Surprise Appearance
When Darth Vader went on stage to accept his award for Ultimate Villain, he was joined by the creator of Star Wars, George Lucas. Vader mocked Lucas for the controversial changes he’d made to the recent Blu-ray release of the films, but Lucas promised that Vader would look ever better in 3D when the films release in February 2012.
2. The Cast of The Dark Knight Rises Shows Up
Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Anne Hathaway and Gary Oldman took time off of filming the highly anticipated The Dark Knight Rises to appear onstage and accept the award for Most Anticipated Movie.
3. Colin Farrell’s Love Poem for Robert Downey Jr.
To open the show, Colin Farrell appeared on stage with a little bit to say about Iron Man star Robert Downey Jr., who was receiving the Hero Award that night. Farrell recited a poem about the attractiveness of Downey, admitting that he’d probably have the hots for him if he were interested in men. Downey accepted the award and showed the world premeire of Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows.
4. Quentin Tarantino Presents Award to Nicolas Cage
From one maverick to another, director Quentin Tarantino presented the Maverick Award to Nicolas Cage. As Cage took the stage, a motorcycle appeared on stage and the lake blazed with fire. Cage was sure to give a shout out of thanks to Tarantino, who he said was also a maverick.
5. True Blood’s Joe Manganiello Thanks His Wolf
Joe Manganiello, who stars as the very strong, and often shirtless werewolf in HBO’s True Blood, received the award for Male Breakout Performance. On stage, he made sure to thank his wolf, Thunder. “Because without him I’d just be a naked guy in the woods,” said Manganiello.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR