Scream Awards: Stars Celebrate the Scary (Videos)
George Lucas, Quentin Tarantino, Pee-Wee Herman and more will attend the Spike TV event celebrating the best of sci-fi, fantasy and horror.
On Tuesday night, Spike TV will air the Scream Awards, their annual celebration of all things scary, gory or spooky. The event, which filmed on Saturday, Oct. 15, on the Universal lot in Los Angeles, features the best in sci-fi, fantasy and horror.
This year, many big names showed up for the event, including directors Quentin Tarantino, Darren Aronofsky, and – as a last-minute surprise – George Lucas. Robert Downey Jr. was awarded the Hero Awards, Nicolas Cage took home the Maverick Award and Pee-Wee Herman (played by Paul Reubens) grabbed the Visionary Award.
While a complete list of winners has already been revealed, those who turn in with get to see the pyrotechnic-friends stage that was built for the show, along with hearing the stars thank their many fans for the honor. True Blood’s Joe Manganiello thanks his wolf, Thunder, because, as he says, “without him I’d just be a naked guy in the woods.” Tarantino thanks his loyal fans, and George Lucas teases the 3D version of his Star Wars series, which will begin its theater run in February.
The big winner of the night was Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows: Part 2, which took away the top prize and the most wins. Fans can say a special goodbye to the film series during the show when star Daniel Radcliffe accepts the award on behalf of the film.
The Hollywood Reporter talked to many of the attendees on the red carpet, finding out their favorite scary movie of all time. Many named The Shining, but find out what other scary movies the stars love in the video above.
The Scream Awards air Tuesday, Oct. 18, at 9 p.m. ET.
Watch all of The Hollywood Reporter’s interviews on the red carpet at the Scream Awards here.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Echoes Of The Outlaw Roadshow: Talking with Counting Crows' Adam Duritz and Toad The Wet Spocket's Glen Phillips
- Smells like Nostalgia: A Look at the Nirvana Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction
- Netflix Joining Programming Lineup Of 3 U.S. Cable-TV Services
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Recap: No Good News in 'Change of Heart'
- Cameron Diaz, Leslie Mann, & Kate Upton Attend Final 'Other Woman' Screening!
- Kristin Chenoweth & Jane Krakowski: Broadway Babies at 'Cabaret' Opening Night!
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Make Last Stop on Australia Trip
- Khloe Kardashian Endorses the Messy Bun Hairstyle, Wears Her Hair Down Instead