Screen Gems Moves Forward on 'Think Like a Man' Sequel
Screen Gems is moving ahead with a sequel to Think Like a Man, its hit movie based on the Steve Harvey book Act Like a Lady, Think Like a Man, closing deals with Keith Merryman and David A. Newman to write the script.
Merryman and Newman wrote the first movie, which made Hollywood notice star Kevin Hart and grossed more than $91 million domestically after its April 20 release.
The movie followed four couples where the women use Harvey’s advice to rein in their men.
Will Packer will return to produce via his Rainforest Films banner. Harvey is executive producing on the project alongside Rushion McDonald and Rob Hardy.
It is unclear which castmembers will return at this stage, though Hart is a likely candidate, having just joined Screen Gem’s About Last Night remake.
Screen Gems has greenlighted the sequel but has not dated it.
Merryman and Newman, repped by APA, Circle of Confusion and Stone Meyer, also wrote last year's Friends With Benefits, starring Justin Timberlake and Mila Kunis.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack