Screen Media Picks Up French Crime Thriller 'Paris Countdown'
The film, directed by Edgar Marie, will be released theatrically in October.
Screen Media Films has acquired U.S. rights to the French crime thriller Paris Countdown (Le Jour Attendra), which marks the directorial debut of writer Edgar Marie. The film will be released theatrically in October, following its bow as a VOD offering in September.
The film stars Olivier Marchal and Jacques Gamblin as best friends and co-owners of a Paris nightclub who, in order to pay their debts, are lured into a drug deal that goes bad.
Written and directed by Marie, the film was produced by Cyril Hauguel, Jean Labadie, Cyril Colbeau-Justin, Jean-Baptiste Dupont and Matthieu Guillot.
“We are very excited to bring this slick, sexy French crime thriller to the States,” Screen Media president Suzanne Blech said. “Edgar Marie has crafted a provocative film that is a fun ride from start to finish.”
The deal was negotiated by Blech and Seth Needle, manager of acquisitions and marketing, on behalf of Screen Media with Yohann Comte of Gaumont on behalf of the filmmakers.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR