Scripps Networks CEO Ken Lowe's 2012 Compensation Rises 47 Percent
Ken Lowe made $14.2 million last year, boosted by higher stock and option awards.
Scripps Network CEO Ken Lowe earned $14.2 million in total compensation in 2012, up from $9.7 million the previous year. That amounted to a 47 percent increase.
Lowe, who oversees the company whose holdings include cable networks such as HGTV and Food Network, benefited from a bigger stock package. He was awarded $7.4 million in stock awards, which was about 2.5 times as much as the $2.9 million in stock awards he got in 2011.
Lowe also benefited from a 4.2 percent increase in his base salary to $1.25 million, as well as nearly $1.4 million in option awards.
Other Scripps executives also did well in 2012. President John Lansing earned $5.6 million in total compensation, up from $3.9 million in 2011. CFO Joseph NeCastro took home $4.3 million, up from $3.6 million.
The company also has a realtively new chief legal officer. Anatolio Cruz departed with $4.8 million in total compensation. Newcomer Cynthia Gibson earned nearly $1.5 million in the job.
The stock price of Scripps was up more than 34 percent in 2012 to close the year around $60. Since then, it's been up another 10 percent.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Masters Of Sex, Girls & "Boogie Train": Conversations with Michael Penn and Foghat's Roger Earl
- The Americans 'New Car' Recap: "I'm a Good Person, I Swear!"
- The Extremely Hard Lessons That the Themed Entertainment Industry Learned From Hard Rock Park
- Joe Biden Posts First Selfie With None Other Than President Obama
- 'X-Men' Director Bryan Singer Accused of Sexually Abusing Underage Boy
- Jennifer Lopez is a Sexy Slice of Orange on 'American Idol'!
- Mila Kunis & Olivia Wilde Take Us on an Emotional Roller Coaster in 'Third Person' Trailer - Watch Now!
- Justin Bieber Makes Time to Show His Gratitude To Fans in Beverly Hills!