Scripps Networks International Takes Fine Living to Italy
The company will launch the factual entertainment network in the first quarter of 2014 and has partnered with EffeTV to help create content for the channel.
LONDON – Scripps Networks International is set to expand its distribution footprint with the digital terrestrial television launch of factual entertainment network Fine Living in Italy in the first quarter of 2014.
Ranking within the top three territories worldwide for total DTT penetration, according to analysts Digital TV Research, the Italian market enables Scripps Networks International to further build its presence within the Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA) region.
“Scripps Networks International is committed to investing in our global expansion, and the opportunity to own and build a new channel in Italy furthers that business strategy," said Jon Sichel, managing director for Scripps operations in the United Kingdom and EMEA.
Sichel promises to build a programming portfolio in Italy to fuel the network's content.
Fine Living focuses on lifestyle programming and is already broadcast in 70 territories throughout EMEA.
In Italy, the channel will offer "fine-living" seekers for a mix of modern living, style and design entertainment from around the world, but as seen through a local lens.
Andrea Paoletti, who's been appointed channel director, will work with a multi-territory team between Italy, the United States and the U.K., and report to Nick Thorogood, svp content and marketing for Scripps U.K. and EMEA.
Scripps Networks International also has entered into a partnership to help drive Fine Living’s growth in Italy with EffeTV-owned private group Feltrinelli.
EffeTV will work with Scripps to create cross-channel promotion and advertising opportunities.
Fine Living will include popular programs World’s Most Extreme Homes, House Hunters International, Barefoot Contessa -- Back to Basics with Ina Garten, Luxury Uncovered with Jenny Powell, Giada at Home with Giada De Laurentiis and Unique Sweets.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Smells like Nostalgia: A Look at the Nirvana Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction
- Netflix Joining Programming Lineup Of 3 U.S. Cable-TV Services
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Recap: No Good News in 'Change of Heart'
- Cameron Diaz, Leslie Mann, & Kate Upton Attend Final 'Other Woman' Screening!
- Kristin Chenoweth & Jane Krakowski: Broadway Babies at 'Cabaret' Opening Night!
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Make Last Stop on Australia Trip
- Khloe Kardashian Endorses the Messy Bun Hairstyle, Wears Her Hair Down Instead