'SCTV' Reunion: Martin Short, Eugene Levy to Appear on Andrea Martin's 'Working the Engels'
The funnymen will guest star on the NBC comedy, marking a reunion for the trio after starting out with roles in "Godspell" and "SCTV."
TORONTO -- Martin Short and Eugene Levy are set to guest star on the Andrea Martin comedy vehicle Working the Engels for NBC and Shaw Media.
Martin, Short and Levy worked together in the Toronto production of Godspell before later joining SCTV as performers and writers.
The Halfire-CORE comedy will see Short play Chuck Pastry, the head of huge corporation Big Pastry, while Levy will perform the role of Arthur Horowitz, a family-oriented, well-connected and much-loved lawyer who is a neighbor of the Engels.
The series, created and written by Katie Ford and Jane Ford, centers on a family who must band together to keep their heads above water when their father and breadwinner passes away, leaving them with a mountain of debt.
The Engels must all go to work running Dad’s storefront law firm, with one minor problem: Daughter Jenna is the only one who is qualified to practice law.
Scott Thompson (The Kids in the Hall) and Sarah Levy will also guest star on the Canadian comedy, while Jason Priestley (Beverly Hills, 90210) will direct four episodes.
Besides Martin, Working the Engels stars Kacey Rohl, Azura Skye and Benjamin Arthur.
The 12-episode series is currently shooting in Toronto.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR