'SCTV' vet joins Syfy pilot 'Three Inches'
EXCLUSIVE: Andrea Martin cast in superhero project
The Syfy pilot "Three Inches" has added Andrea Martin as a series regular.
Martin ("My Big Fat Greek Wedding") has joined the cast as Belinda Spackman, the main character's mother. She's a brutally cynical force of nature who will do anything to protect her son, who has developed a unique not-so-superpower: the ability to move any object three inches using his mind.
The 90-minute pilot from Fox TV Studios and writer Harley Peyton ("Twin Peaks") and executive producer Bob Cooper is one of two superhero projects at the network. The other, "Alphas," is about a team with special powers.
Martin, the "SCTV" veteran, recently appeared on episodes of Showtime's "Nurse Jackie," Disney Channel's "Kim Possible" and Nickelodeon's "The Adventures of Jimmy Neutron."
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack