'SCTV' vet joins Syfy pilot 'Three Inches'
EXCLUSIVE: Andrea Martin cast in superhero project
The Syfy pilot "Three Inches" has added Andrea Martin as a series regular.
Martin ("My Big Fat Greek Wedding") has joined the cast as Belinda Spackman, the main character's mother. She's a brutally cynical force of nature who will do anything to protect her son, who has developed a unique not-so-superpower: the ability to move any object three inches using his mind.
The 90-minute pilot from Fox TV Studios and writer Harley Peyton ("Twin Peaks") and executive producer Bob Cooper is one of two superhero projects at the network. The other, "Alphas," is about a team with special powers.
Martin, the "SCTV" veteran, recently appeared on episodes of Showtime's "Nurse Jackie," Disney Channel's "Kim Possible" and Nickelodeon's "The Adventures of Jimmy Neutron."
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- Glenn Beck Moves Into Movie Production (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Emmy Rossum & Zoey Deutch Celebrate with Jimmy Choo at their CHOO.08 Launch Party!
- Zoe Saldana Is Pregnant with Fear in 'Rosemary's Baby' Trailer!
- Television Legend Valerie Harper 'Absolutely Cancer Free' After Battle with Terminal Brain Cancer
- Keri Russell's 'The Americans' Renewed for Third Season by FX!