Sean Bean joins 'Death Race 2'
Universal film is a prequel to 2008's Jason Statham starrer
Sean Bean is starring opposite Luke Goss in "Death Race 2," the prequel to Universal's 2008 Jason Statham starrer.
Universal is putting out the feature, now shooting in South Africa, as part of its DVD Originals banner. "Smokin' Aces 2: Assassins' Ball" was the label's most recent release.
Also in the cast are Lauren Cohan, Ving Rhames, Danny Trejo and Frederick Koehler. Paul W.S. Anderson, who directed the 2008 movie, is producing with Jeremy Bolt. Roel Reine is directing.
The prequel is serving as the origin story for the character named Frankenstein, a convicted cop killer (Goss) in a declining American empire where a racing reality show is about to be born in the country's corrupt prison system.
CAA-repped Bean, seen on screens as Zeus in "Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Lightning Thief," is starring in the pilot "A Game of Thrones," which is awaiting a series pick-up order from HBO.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR