Sean Coughlin to Lead Deluxe’s Preservation and Restoration Efforts
The exec previously founded Cinetech, which was acquired by the company in 2010.
Sean Coughlin has been hired to lead worldwide preservation and restoration efforts at Deluxe Entertainment Services Group.
He assumes the newly-created title of senior vp, preservation & restoration solutions.
Coughlin—who had previously been consulting for Deluxe—founded preservation and restoration company Cinetech in 1990, which was acquired (as part of Ascent Media Group) by Deluxe in December 2010. At Cinetech, Coughlin worked with clients including the six major Hollywood studios, as well as the Library of Congress, the British Film Institute, and the Museum of Modern Art.
These motion picture restoration and preservation efforts will continue in his new role. He told The Hollywood Reporter that he also aims to expand efforts in “educational and museum [content], and also some of the content that is widely held by select corporations that see ways to monitize their assets.”
Coughlin and his colleagues were awarded a 2001 AMPAS Scientific and Engineering Award for the development of the RCI-Color Film Restoration Process that has restored color to faded original color negatives.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR