Sean Hannity Addresses Private Conversation With George Zimmerman
The Fox News host was revealed to have had an off-the-record conversation with the Florida man who killed Trayvon Martin.
At the press conference on Tuesday in which attorneys Craig Sonner and Hal Uhrig announced that they would no longer act as counsel to George Zimmerman, the pair also said that while the Sanford, Florida man was not returning their calls, he had recently spoken with conservative Fox News host, Sean Hannity.
Hours later, Hannity, who had briefly mentioned the conversation during his shows on Monday, more fully addressed what he called an off-the-record talk with the embattled Neighborhood Watch captain.
"I want to set the record straight," Hannity said on his Fox News program. "For a few weeks we have been pursuing an interview with Mr. Zimmerman to give him a chance to tell his side of the story. Now yesterday I was contacted by an individual that we in fact believe was George Zimmerman. He reached out to me, we spoke on the phone about his case, and I agreed not to report on the contents of that conversation. That's it."
Hannity had previously spent many segments on his shows discussing the case. He has decried media coverage of the incident and its aftermath, at one point proposing that the incident could possibly have been “a horrible accident."
"Could this just be, you know, a case where Trayvon was running because he thought he was in jeopardy, [...] Is it possible it was just a horrible accident?" Hannity asked during a March broadcast.
Last week, before he spoke with Zimmerman, Hannity hosted Zimmerman's father for an exclusive interview, allowing him to speak on behalf of his son while silhouetted to protect his identity.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- William Guarnere Dead: 'Band Of Brothers' Vet Dies At 90
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws