Sean Penn in Talks to Direct 'Crazy for the Storm'
The actor will next star in Warner Bros.' "Gangster Squad."
Sean Penn may be sliding back into the director’s chair.
Penn, who last directed 2007’s Into the Wild, is in talks to helm Crazy for the Storm, Warners’ adaptation of the survival memoir by Norman Ollestad.
Storm tells of Ollestad’s unique relationship with his father, who forced him into the world of extreme surfing and competitive downhill skiing beginning at the age of three. But it was those close skills that allowed an 11-year-old Norman to survive a plane crash in the midst of a blizzard in the San Gabriel mountains.
Will Fetters wrote the script for the adaptation, which is being produced by Billy Gerber, Rob Weisbach and Fonda Snyder.
Penn, who is starring in Warners’ Gangster Squad, has several projects in his orbit as directing vehicles, among them The Comedian, a dramedy that has Robert De Niro and Kristen Wiig attached.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Echoes Of The Outlaw Roadshow: Talking with Counting Crows' Adam Duritz and Toad The Wet Spocket's Glen Phillips
- Smells like Nostalgia: A Look at the Nirvana Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction
- Netflix Joining Programming Lineup Of 3 U.S. Cable-TV Services
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Recap: No Good News in 'Change of Heart'