Sean Penn in Talks to Direct 'Crazy for the Storm'
The actor will next star in Warner Bros.' "Gangster Squad."
Sean Penn may be sliding back into the director’s chair.
Penn, who last directed 2007’s Into the Wild, is in talks to helm Crazy for the Storm, Warners’ adaptation of the survival memoir by Norman Ollestad.
Storm tells of Ollestad’s unique relationship with his father, who forced him into the world of extreme surfing and competitive downhill skiing beginning at the age of three. But it was those close skills that allowed an 11-year-old Norman to survive a plane crash in the midst of a blizzard in the San Gabriel mountains.
Will Fetters wrote the script for the adaptation, which is being produced by Billy Gerber, Rob Weisbach and Fonda Snyder.
Penn, who is starring in Warners’ Gangster Squad, has several projects in his orbit as directing vehicles, among them The Comedian, a dramedy that has Robert De Niro and Kristen Wiig attached.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Masters Of Sex, Girls & "Boogie Train": Conversations with Michael Penn and Foghat's Roger Earl
- The Americans 'New Car' Recap: "I'm a Good Person, I Swear!"
- The Extremely Hard Lessons That the Themed Entertainment Industry Learned From Hard Rock Park
- Joe Biden Posts First Selfie With None Other Than President Obama