Hollywood Film Awards: Sean Penn Praises Julia Roberts' Sexy Onscreen Eating (Video)
The actor delivers a seven-minute ode to the "otherworldly talent" of this year's supporting actress award winner.
Sean Penn was one of the many big stars who presented at the 2013 Hollywood Film Awards Monday night, bestowing this year's supporting actress award on Julia Roberts for her work in August: Osage County.
After beginning with, "Is 'Sorry I've been rambling so much,' a bad way to start a speech?" Penn delivered a seven-minute ode to Roberts, in which he praised Roberts' multifaceted talent as well as screenwriter Tracy Letts' script, suggesting that without August: Osage County's wonderful writing, Roberts' abilities might not have been evident.
"I am here to acknowledge that which is perhaps too often taken for granted: the otherworldly talent of a colleague who also happens to be a big, rockin' movie star. One of the luminous ones among us," Penn said.
"In the words of William Saroyan, she is that which shines and is beyond corruption," he added. "One of a select group of actresses who can make onscreen eating sexy or make us weep with a heartfelt blast. I won't even go into the arsenal of her laughter."
The actor then delivered an extended rumination on her sexy onscreen eating, in which he described his "personal fantasy" of watching a 3D movie of her dining and being able to pick morsels out of her teeth via a virtual toothpick.
"I want her to make an eating movie in 3D but with the interactive supplies not only to include the 3D glasses but also a virtual toothpick with which I could collect souvenirs correcting my insomnia with the comfort of those virtual morsels tucked cozily beneath my pillow," he said.
He also referred to Roberts as both "our prismed rainbow lightning" and "my neighbor."
After Roberts took the stage barefoot, as The Hollywood Reporter's Scott Feinberg reported, she said "Well, Jesus, how the f--- do I say anything after that?"
Watch Penn's full speech below.
- Danny Boyle in Talks to Direct Steve Jobs Movie, Leonardo DiCaprio Eyed to Star
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- A-Sides with Jon Chattman: Alexz Johnson Living "American Dream;" Pace & Revi and a Bicoastal "Hurricane"
- 'Game Of Thrones' Co-Star Reveals Lena Headey Had 'Mixed Feelings' About That Controversial Rape Scene
- Givin' 'Em Hell and Heaven: Conversations With Joe Satriani and Sebastian Bach
- Angel Haze Slams Homophobia In Hip-Hop, Discusses Sexuality
- Shantel VanSanten Leaves the 'Gang' Behind for Night of Music!
- Neil Patrick Harris Gets Support From Partner David Burtka at Opening Night of 'Hedwig and the Angry Inch'!
- 'Frozen' Soundtrack Nabs Its Biggest Sales Week, Stays at Number 1 for 11th Week
- Reese Witherspoon is All About Peeps in Her Easter Baskets!