Seattle Film Festival Lineup Ranges From Joss Whedon to Sofia Coppola
The fest, which runs from May 16 to June 9, will screen 447 films and feature special guests Kyle MacLachlan and Peter Greenaway.
The 2013 Seattle International Film Festival will kick off May 16 with Joss Whedon’s Much Ado About Nothing and close June 9 with the American premiere of Sofia Coppola’s The Bling Ring.
Morgan Neville’s Twenty Feet From Stardom, a documentary about backup singers, will serve as the fest’s centerpiece gala.
During the course of the festival, it will screen 447 films, including 272 features (plus four secret films), and 175 shorts from 85 countries, the festival announced today as it released its lineup.
The festival will feature two special guests: actor Kyle MacLachlan and director Peter Greenaway.
The fest’s Film With Parties lineup includes Joe Swanberg’s Drinking Buddies, Henk Pretorius’ Fanie Fourie’s Lobola, Darren Stein’s G.B.F., Regis Roinsard’s Populaire and Nat Faxon and Jim Rash’s The Way, Way Back.
Scheduled to screen as special presentations are Steven Bernstein’s Decoding Annie Parker, Jacob Kornbluth’s Inequality for All and Jason Wise’s Somm.
This year, the festival also will launch a new African Pictures Program, showcasing films from Africa with the help of a grant from the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.
The full lineup can be found at http://www.siff.net.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR