SEC Filing Confirms Date Barry Diller Resigned From Live Nation Board
11:25 AM PST 1/28/2011 by Glenn Peoples
The Hollywood Reporter first reported he was stepping down as chairman in September, a new SEC filing Friday confirms he has fully removed himself from the board as of this week.
Barry Diller resigned from the Live Nation board of directors, effective Jan. 24, the company disclosed in an SEC filing on Friday. He had taken over as chairman of Live Nation last year after the company merged with Ticketmaster.It has been reported that Diller's resignation was the result of an internal struggle with former director John Malone, the head of Liberty Media Corp. who was named interim chairman in October. Live Nation executive chairman Irving Azoff told Reuters last year that reports of boardroom conflict were overblown, while Malone said Diller had been "fed up" with dealing with the various factions of the board. However, Diller, the chairman/CEO of IAC, has maintained that his tenure on the board was always planned to be temporary. "I have always said, since the merger of Ticketmaster and Live Nation, that I only planned to stay as chairman through the transition and integration of the two companies," Diller said in a statement released in September. Shares of Live Nation were down 1.5% to $10.28 in midday trading on Friday. The Dow was down 1.4% and the S&P 500 was down 1.7%.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR