The Secret to a Smash Movie? Lure Hispanics
The recent success of "Hotel Transylvania" and "End of Watch" speaks to the power of Latinos as Hollywood grapples with how (and how not) to tap into the overindexing audience.
On the face of it, 3D kids pic Hotel Transylvania and gritty LAPD cop drama End of Watch have little in common other than the fact that both films wildly overperformed in their openings. Yet their bond is the Hispanic moviegoer, who played a big role in driving each movie to success.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR