Secret Roland Emmerich Project May Land at Columbia (Exclusive)
He is attached to direct the project, which at this time has no title and the plot is not known.
UPDATE: THR has been informed the project has a working title of Singularity.
Disaster impresario Roland Emmerich has a new project.
Columbia may pre-emptively pick up the Emmerich project, which at this time has no title and the plot is not known. What is known is that it is a spec script written by Emmerich, who is also attached to direct. The project, according to sources, came with a set of terms.
It is no surprise that Columbia is in prime position to pick up the project. The director has a long-standing relationship with the studio going back to the days of Universal Soldier and including Godzilla, The Patriot and 2012. The studio is also releasing Anonymous, Emmerich’s period thriller centering on Shakespeare.
While Emmerich didn’t pen Anonymous, he tends to write or co-write his big-budget disaster projects and sources speculate that, after Anonymous’ more restrained budget, the project is a return to epic scope for the CAA-repped filmmaker.
Columbia had no comment.
Emmerich has recently been mentioned in connection with Universal’s adaptation of classic video game Asteroids as well as Foundation, an adaptation of the Isaac Asimov sci-fi book, but insiders say he has yet to choose his next movie.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR