See the Kanye West Album Cover Banned From Wal-Mart
"I wanna sell albums, but not at the expense of my true creativity," the Twittered.
Kanye West's new album has been banned from Wal-Mart stores, the rapper announced on Twitter Sunday.
"Banned in the USA!!! They don't want me chilling on the couch with my phoenix!" wrote West of the artwork for "My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy" (due in stores Nov. 22), which features a painting of what appears to be two monsters having sex painted by blue chip NYC painter George Condo.
"In the 70s album covers had actual nudity... It's so funny that people forget that... Everything has been so commercialized now," continued West. "In all honesty ... I really don't be thinking about Wal-Mart when I make my music or album covers."
He added, "I wanna sell albums but not at the expense of my true creativity…So Nirvana can have a naked human being on they cover but I can't have a PAINTING of a monster with no arms and a polka dot tail and wings.”
West isn't too upset though: "I know that cover just blew yall minds ... I wish yall could see how hard I'm smiling right now!!!"
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR