See Kat Dennings in 'Daydream Nation' (Exclusive)
The 'Thor' actress stars in Michael Goldbach's indie opening May 6.
Next weekend is going to be a big one for Kat Dennings.
The actress will appear alongside Natalie Portman and Chris Hemsworth in the comic-book come-to-life portrayal of Thor, opening May 6 and concurrently, the Mike Goldbach-helmed indie, Daydream Nation, opening in NYC and L.A. the same day.
Dennings stars in the film as Caroline Wexler, a sixteen-year-old who moves to a small town and finds herself entrapped in a love triangle with her teacher (Josh Lucas) and classmate (Reece Thompson).
The indie, which premiered at the Toronto International Film Festival last year, and is being released by Anchor Bay Films, is writer-director Goldbach's feature-film debut.
Dennings recently signed a deal to star in the CBS pilot Two Broke Girls. Goldbach is now writing Castaway on the Moon, a remake of a Korean mystery drama. Mark Waters (Mean Girls, (500) Days of Summer) is attached to direct.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Film Festival Unveils Star-Studded Lineup for 67th Edition
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR