See Kat Dennings in 'Daydream Nation' (Exclusive)
The 'Thor' actress stars in Michael Goldbach's indie opening May 6.
Next weekend is going to be a big one for Kat Dennings.
The actress will appear alongside Natalie Portman and Chris Hemsworth in the comic-book come-to-life portrayal of Thor, opening May 6 and concurrently, the Mike Goldbach-helmed indie, Daydream Nation, opening in NYC and L.A. the same day.
Dennings stars in the film as Caroline Wexler, a sixteen-year-old who moves to a small town and finds herself entrapped in a love triangle with her teacher (Josh Lucas) and classmate (Reece Thompson).
The indie, which premiered at the Toronto International Film Festival last year, and is being released by Anchor Bay Films, is writer-director Goldbach's feature-film debut.
Dennings recently signed a deal to star in the CBS pilot Two Broke Girls. Goldbach is now writing Castaway on the Moon, a remake of a Korean mystery drama. Mark Waters (Mean Girls, (500) Days of Summer) is attached to direct.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- William Guarnere Dead: 'Band Of Brothers' Vet Dies At 90
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws