Steve Carell, Keira Knightley 'Seeking a Friend for the End of the World' in New Trailer (Video)
The first look at the apocalyptic rom-com also highlights co-stars Patton Oswalt, Gillian Jacobs and Connie Britton.
If the title of the film wasn't a big enough spoiler on its own, the introductory scene in the Seeking a Friend for the End of the World trailer reveals that the protagonists have only three weeks to live before a 70-mile-wide asteroid smacks into the earth.
Steve Carell and Keira Knightley play two lonely neighbors, hoping to connect with a long lost love and family members, respectively, before time runs out. They set out on the road where everyone else seems to be handling the apocalypse quite differently.
The bulk of the troupe -- notably Patton Oswalt, Connie Britton and Community's Gillian Jacobs -- look content to live it up while Knightley and Carell search for something deeper. Along the way, they get arrested, play harmonicas and dodge looters, as the Talking Heads sing an exceptionally fitting "Road to Nowhere."
The film arrives in theaters June 22. Watch the full trailer below:
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR