'Seinfeld' Actor In Critical Condition After Self-Inflicted Gunshot to the Head
Daniel von Bargen was able to dial 911 and request help after his failed suicide attempt.
Seinfeld actor Daniel von Bargen is in critical condition after surviving a self-inflicted gunshot wound to the head.
Following his failed suicide attempt, Von Bargen dialed 911 and told the operator, “I’ve shot myself in the head… and I need help.” Listen to the tape via TMZ. Warning: audio clip contains graphic details.
“I shot in my temple,” he said.
Asked whether the incident was accidental, the actor responded that he “was supposed to go to the hospital” but “didn’t want to.” He went on to explain that he suffers from diabetes and that, “They were supposed to amputate at least a few toes.”
Police were dispatched to Von Bargen’s Cincinnati apartment, after which he was transported to a nearby hospital.
Von Bargen played Mr. Kruger on Seinfeld and Chief Grady in Super Troopers. He most recently starred in the 2009 comedy London Betty and appeared on Law & Order in 2004.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's Top 25 Stylist, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR