Selena Gomez to Star in 'Raw' Indie Role Opposite James Franco, Emma Roberts
Vanessa Hudgens rounds out the cast of Harmony Korine’s “Spring Breakers.”
Selena Gomez is set to star in a "raw" role in indie filmmaker Harmony Korine's Spring Breakers, alongside James Franco, Vanessa Hudgens and Emma Roberts.
The film revolves around a group of female college students who rob a restaurant in order to fund their Spring Break vacation, eventually landing in jail and becoming involved with a drug dealer.
"It's a different character than I have ever played before," Gomez told MTV. "It's a different kind of vibe than people are used to seeing me in. It's going to be raw and more about acting."
Gomez's past roles have been largely PG: with a repertoire boasting of Disney's Wizards of Waverly Place, Princess Protection Program and Another Cinderella Story, working with Korine -- best known for his dark avant-garde films, Kids and Trash Humpers -- is set to be a huge departure.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR