Selena Gomez: 5 Things You Didn't Know About the 'Monte Carlo' Star
Read a few fun facts about the Disney actress, who co-stars with Katie Cassidy and Leighton Meester in the feature film out Friday.
Selena Gomez co-stars with Katie Cassidy and Leighton Meester in Monte Carlo, in theaters this Friday. Here are five fun facts about the actress and singer.
1. Monte Carlo is about a dream vacation. Where would Gomez's trip of a lifetime be to? "Somewhere tropical like Fiji would be awesome," she told TVGuide.com at the NYC premiere of the film. To prepare for the role, in which she plays a a girl named Grace who is mistaken for a socialite while vacationing in Paris, she learned how to play Polo and learned two different British accents.
2. She's dating Justin Bieber. The two were spotted hand-in-hand in New York City's Armani Exchange store. But she recently admitted she has a crush on Transformers: Dark of the Moon star Shia LaBeouf. "He’s so cute…Oh my gosh, he’s so handsome,” she told Access Hollywood.
3. She's most known for playing Alex Russo in the Emmy Award-winning Disney Channel series Wizards of Waverly Place -- but she got her start at age 7 playing Gianna on Barney & Friends. She's also starred in a few made-for-tv movies like Another Cinderella Story, Wizards of Waverly Place: The Movie, Texas Ranger: Trial By Fire and Princess Protection Program. She had a minor role in Spy Kids 3-D: Game Over, and her first feature film starring role was in Ramona and Beezus.
4. She's also a singer. Her group, Selena Gomez & the Scene, has released two Gold-certified albums, selling more than 1.3 million records in the U.S. She's also loaned her vocals for the soundtracks for Tinker Bell, Another Cinderella Story and Wizards of Waverly Place.
5. She's philanthropic too. In 2008, she was named a UNICEF Goodwill Ambassador.
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR