Selena Gomez to Star in 'Parental Guidance Suggested' (Exclusive)
The singer-actress will play opposite Nat Wolff and Austin Stowell in the rock 'n' roll-themed indie.
Selena Gomez has lined up her next film role.
The singer-actress, who most recently starred in Monte Carlo, will topline the indie film Parental Guidance Suggested. She will star opposite Nat Wolff in the offbeat coming-of-age comedy. Austin Stowell (The Secret Life of American Teenager) will co-star as the overbearing boyfriend of Gomez's character.
Based on Ric Browde's 2000 novel While I'm Dead ... Feed the Dog, the story centers on 16-year-old Ric Thibault (Wolff) and his crush Nina Pennington (Gomez) as they embark on a rock 'n' roll-themed odyssey.
News of the project began leaking out this week as several castmembers tweeted about their involvement. The cast also includes Dylan McDermott and Cary Elwes.
Tim Garrick wrote and will direct the film, which is being produced by Mad Chance (Get Smart, Cats & Dogs: The Revenge of Kitty Galore).
Parental Guidance Suggested will shoot in Los Angeles.
CAA -- which reps Gomez, Wolff, Stowell, McDermott and Garrick -- packaged the film. Elwes is repped by APA.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Echoes Of The Outlaw Roadshow: Talking with Counting Crows' Adam Duritz and Toad The Wet Spocket's Glen Phillips
- Smells like Nostalgia: A Look at the Nirvana Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction
- Netflix Joining Programming Lineup Of 3 U.S. Cable-TV Services
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Recap: No Good News in 'Change of Heart'