Senator snaps up 'Splice' for Germany
PARIS -- Senator has acquired German distribution rights for Vincenzo Natali's sci-fi thriller "Splice" starring Adrien Brody and Sarah Polley, the film's producer Gaumont said Wednesday.
Produced by Steve Hoban of Copperheart Entertainment and Gaumont with executive producers Guillermo Del Toro and Senator Entertainment's Marco Weber, "Splice" follows two scientists who create a new species through illegal genetic experiments and must face the consequences of toying with evolution.
"Vincenzo Natali is just the genre expert for the realization of this project and I am very much looking forward to working with Gaumont and him," Weber said.
Gaumont 's Loic Trocme and Cecile Gaget negotiated the deal with Senator's Christopher Borgmann and Milada Rybarova. "Splice" is set for theatrical release in 2009.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Masters Of Sex, Girls & "Boogie Train": Conversations with Michael Penn and Foghat's Roger Earl
- The Americans 'New Car' Recap: "I'm a Good Person, I Swear!"
- The Extremely Hard Lessons That the Themed Entertainment Industry Learned From Hard Rock Park
- Joe Biden Posts First Selfie With None Other Than President Obama