Senator snaps up 'Splice' for Germany
PARIS -- Senator has acquired German distribution rights for Vincenzo Natali's sci-fi thriller "Splice" starring Adrien Brody and Sarah Polley, the film's producer Gaumont said Wednesday.
Produced by Steve Hoban of Copperheart Entertainment and Gaumont with executive producers Guillermo Del Toro and Senator Entertainment's Marco Weber, "Splice" follows two scientists who create a new species through illegal genetic experiments and must face the consequences of toying with evolution.
"Vincenzo Natali is just the genre expert for the realization of this project and I am very much looking forward to working with Gaumont and him," Weber said.
Gaumont 's Loic Trocme and Cecile Gaget negotiated the deal with Senator's Christopher Borgmann and Milada Rybarova. "Splice" is set for theatrical release in 2009.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)