Sensio Inks 3D VOD Distribution Agreement With Disney
Deal aims to deliver titles such as "Brave" and "Frankenweenie" to the home via Sensio’s 3DGO!
Sensio Technologies has inked a 3D VOD content-license agreement with The Walt Disney Studios to make the studio’s 3D movies available for on-demand rental on Sensio’s 3DGO! 3D VOD service for select Smart TVs.
This month at launch, more than 20 Disney titles will be offered in the U.S. according to specific availability windows. They include Disney/Pixar’s Oscar-winning animated feature Brave and Disney nominee Frankenweenie.
“The Disney 3D library is without contest one of the best out there, and we are thrilled to add an incredible selection of titles from a true legendary studio and 3D pioneer,” said Nicholas Routhier, president and CEO of Sensio. “We are more determined than ever to realize our promise to address the lack of 3D content to the home.”
His goal is to offer 200 3D titles by year’s end. Sensio is also exploring the possibility of adding live PPV events to the service.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Seth Meyers To Host 2014 Emmy Awards On August 25
- Echoes Of The Outlaw Roadshow: Talking with Counting Crows' Adam Duritz and Toad The Wet Spocket's Glen Phillips
- Smells like Nostalgia: A Look at the Nirvana Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction
- Netflix Joining Programming Lineup Of 3 U.S. Cable-TV Services