September 11 Specials
The 10-year anniversary is marked by a Spielberg epic, a Showtime tearjerker and excellent doc work.
We can't un-see what came through our televisions on Sept. 11. For most of us, the terrorist attacks were very much filtered through the small screen. It connected us to the tragedy, and to each other, on a scale much larger than the medium ever had before. But few on-air remembrances since then have been able to jolt the senses and replicate the kind of shock and horror that viewers experienced then. The moment can't be duplicated, so the emotions the annual remembrance is meant to touch can begin to fade.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Movie review: Saving Mr. Banks
- Live from the Dubai International Film Festival: Tuesday, Dec. 10
- My Conversation With Award-winning Composer Hans Zimmer