Serena Williams, Michael Vick Named BET’s Athletes of the Year
Vick is honored on his birthday, though neither were on hand to accept in person.
It wasn’t only musicians raking in the accolades during Sunday’s annual BET Awards Show.
Both Michael Vick and Serena Williams were honored with the Subway Sportsman (and sportswoman, respectively) of the Year awards. Vick opted not to attend the ceremony in person, while Williams was busy in London as she eyes her fifth Wimbledon Title. Laila Ali announced the awards before a commercial break.
“BET I’m honored to win Sportsman of the Year!!” Vick tweeted. “Especially on my birthday!!! Thank you!!”
After famously serving jail time for illegal dog fighting, Vick signed with the Philadelphia Eagles and was named the NFL’s 2010 Comeback Player of the Year. Williams was named one for Forbes 100 Most Powerful Women in the World last year.
Chris Brown, another scandal prone celebrity, was the biggest winner of the evening. Brown took home four awards including Viewers’ Choice.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- 10 Reimagined Disney Posters Bring Your Favorite Childhood Characters Back To Life
- DOCUMENTARY: How One Email Changed One Guy's Life... Forever
- Miley Cyrus Shows Off Her Sex Toy On Twitter, Should Seriously Be Taught What TMI Means
- Here's Everything Wrong With 'Indiana Jones And The Kingdom Of The Crystal Skull'
- Diane Kruger Ties Up Her Shirt to Reveal Her Flat Stomach
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt Reenacts YouTube Viral Sensation 'David at the Dentist' - Watch Now!
- Find Out How Oprah Winfrey Got Fooled By Princess Diana!