On the Set: 'Justified'
Murder, suicide, shootouts: Behind the scenes as the FX drama wraps a killer second season.
That's a goodbye to Jeremy Davies for the season, everyone!" Roughly 29 miles north of Los Angeles amid the lush green hills of the famed Disney Ranch, a dozen or so crewmembers and talent clap as Davies was wrapped for the season finale shoot on March 14. (The episode aired May 4.) Davies, who played redneck freak Dickie Bennett with inspired creepiness throughout Season 2, hugged his onscreen mom, actress Margo Martindale, who moments later filmed her own -- permanently -- final scene as Mags Bennett. (She died from her own poison-swilling hand.) By all accounts, ending the beloved actress' arc as Harlan County's nastiest crime lord was painful for all; producer-star Timothy Olyphant called her "as good as it gets." But Martindale was nothing but grateful for the run. "The emotions took me by surprise," she said. "I realized how it hard it was to say goodbye to this woman I'd grown to love."
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR