Seth MacFarlane to Host the 2013 Oscars (Video)
The "Family Guy" creator and "Ted" director will take the stage for the 85th Academy Awards.
Seth MacFarlane will take his first turn as host of the Oscars, the Academy announced on Monday.
The show will be produced by Craig Zadan and Neil Meron, who said, "We are thrilled to have Seth MacFarlane host the Oscars. His performing skills blend perfectly with our ideas for making the show entertaining and fresh. He will be the consummate host, and we are so happy to be working with him."
MacFarlane, who has built an animation empire behind his comedies Family Guy, American Dad and The Cleveland Show, had a blockbuster film debut this summer with Ted, in which he voiced an animated stuffed bear in a live action world that starred Mark Wahlberg and Mila Kunis. The film took in $420 million worldwide.
He also hosted the first episode of the new season of Saturday Night Live, and has released an album of music standards, called Music is Better than Words.
Last year, Billy Crystal returned as host of the Oscars after Eddie Murphy stepped down, following Brett Ratner's exit as producer.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- Glenn Beck Moves Into Movie Production (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- 'Third Person' Trailer Shows Mila Kunis, Olivia Wilde, Liam Neeson Feeling Everything
- AMC's Hit Reality Show 'Small Town Security' Is Back For Season 3
- Bride Gives Groom 'Ghostbusters' Cake, Proves That She's A Keeper
- Ted Neeley, Original 'Jesus Christ Superstar,' Hopes Pope Francis Will Come To The Musical