Seth MacFarlane Installs $1 Million Home Imax Theater
The "Family Guy" impresario and recovering Oscar host already subscribes to the $35,000 Prima Cinema, which plays first-run movies at $500 a pop.
This story first appeared in the May 10 issue of The Hollywood Reporter magazine.
Seth MacFarlane likes his home entertainment supersized.
Already an adopter of Prima Cinema, the service that pipes in opening-weekend releases for $500-a-flick (after purchasing a $35,000 digital box), he's now installing an Imax theater system, said to cost at least $1 million, at his Beverly Hills bachelor pad.
MacFarlane's camp declined comment.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Echoes Of The Outlaw Roadshow: Talking with Counting Crows' Adam Duritz and Toad The Wet Spocket's Glen Phillips
- Smells like Nostalgia: A Look at the Nirvana Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction
- Netflix Joining Programming Lineup Of 3 U.S. Cable-TV Services
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Recap: No Good News in 'Change of Heart'