Seth MacFarlane Installs $1 Million Home Imax Theater
The "Family Guy" impresario and recovering Oscar host already subscribes to the $35,000 Prima Cinema, which plays first-run movies at $500 a pop.
This story first appeared in the May 10 issue of The Hollywood Reporter magazine.
Seth MacFarlane likes his home entertainment supersized.
Already an adopter of Prima Cinema, the service that pipes in opening-weekend releases for $500-a-flick (after purchasing a $35,000 digital box), he's now installing an Imax theater system, said to cost at least $1 million, at his Beverly Hills bachelor pad.
MacFarlane's camp declined comment.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- Glenn Beck Moves Into Movie Production (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Ian Somerhalder Is Definitely the Hottest Paper Boy at LAX Airport!
- Katie Couric Flexes Her Muscles & She's Buffer Than You'd Imagine!
- Ariana Grande to Debut New Single 'Problem' at Radio Disney Music Awards! (Exclusive)
- Jason Derulo Rips Off His Shirt After Jordin Sparks Joins Him for Passionate Duet 'Vertigo'! (Video)