Seth MacFarlane's 'Ted' Moves Release Date to June 29
The comedy starring Mark Wahlberg had been scheduled to hit theaters July 13.
Universal Pictures has moved quickly to take advantage of Paramount's decision to bump G.I. Joe: Retaliation from its June 29 release date to March 2013.
Universal is moving its Seth MacFarlane-directed comedy Ted to that weekend from its previous July 13 date, the studio announced Wednesday.
The move will give Ted a jump on the lucrative July 4 weekend, when movie-going tends to skyrocket. It will also put the film up against Sony's The Amazing Spider-Man, which is scheduled to hit theaters on July 3.
Ted, written, directed and produced by the Family Guy creator, is an R-rated comedy about a man's relationship with his stuffed teddy bear.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR