Seth MacFarlane's 'Ted' Moves Release Date to June 29
The comedy starring Mark Wahlberg had been scheduled to hit theaters July 13.
Universal Pictures has moved quickly to take advantage of Paramount's decision to bump G.I. Joe: Retaliation from its June 29 release date to March 2013.
Universal is moving its Seth MacFarlane-directed comedy Ted to that weekend from its previous July 13 date, the studio announced Wednesday.
The move will give Ted a jump on the lucrative July 4 weekend, when movie-going tends to skyrocket. It will also put the film up against Sony's The Amazing Spider-Man, which is scheduled to hit theaters on July 3.
Ted, written, directed and produced by the Family Guy creator, is an R-rated comedy about a man's relationship with his stuffed teddy bear.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Kim Kardashian's Nuptials to Kanye West Could Be the Wedding of the Century!
- Miranda Kerr Will Chop Off Her Long Hair One Day, Be Prepared!
- Katie Holmes Shows Star Power Right Before Tribeca Film Festival Kicks Off!
- Ryan Lochte & Ireland Baldwin Are Proud American Icons for Calvin Klein White Label's Campaign!