Seth MacFarlane 'Thinking About' a 'Ted' Sequel
Fresh off his “Saturday Night Live” appearance, the “Family Guy” creator was spotted in New York with the film’s co-writers Alec Sulkin and Wellesley Wild.
Could there be a Ted 2 on the way?
Seth MacFarlane admitted that he’s contemplating a sequel to his raunchy summer hit, in which he voiced a foul-mouthed teddy bear, when TMZ cameras caught the comedian in New York.
“We’re thinking about it,” MacFarlane said when asked about a potential sequel, noting that he was spending time with the film’s co-writers Alec Sulkin and Wellesley Wild in the Big Apple. The comedian and Family Guy creator was in New York to host Saturday Night Live, which gave NBC steady ratings in its 38th season opener.
MacFarlane’s revelation comes just days after NBCUniversal CEO Steve Burke said, “We’d like to see a Ted 2 as soon as we can.”
The film topped the box office in its opening weekend, bringing in a respectable $54.4 million. To date, Ted has notched worldwide grosses of $406.4 million.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Matt Bomer Talks 'Fifty Shades' Casting Rumors, Wants to Return for 'Magic Mike XXL'!
- Taylor Swift & Sarah Hyland See an Off-Broadway Play Together!
- Hilary Duff Treats Herself to a Vegan Dinner at Crossroads!
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Express Sadness Over Death of Camilla Parker Bowles' Brother