Box Office Milestone: 'Ted' Crosses $500 Million Worldwide
The R-rated comedy from Seth MacFarlane has become Universal's highest grossing film of 2012.
It's a big year for Seth MacFarlane.
Universal announced Thursday that Ted -- MacFarlane's feature directorial debut -- has crossed $500 million at the worldwide box office to become the top-grossing original R comedy of all time, beating the $467.4 million earned by Todd Phillips' The Hangover.
The Hangover Part II still reigns as the No. 1 R rated comedy of all time with $581.5 million in global ticket sales.
Ted has grossed $218.7 in North America and $281.4 internationally for a total $500.1 million as of Wednesday.
Mark Wahlberg and Mila Kunis star in Ted, with MacFarlane voicing the role of the raunchy teddy bear.
Produced by MacFarlane, Scott Stuber, John Jacobs and Jason Clark, NBCUniversal CEO Steve Burke has said that Universal is already planning on a Ted sequel.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR