Seth Meyers Destroys Donald Trump: 7 Best Jokes (Video)
The "SNL" head writer also takes digs at the royal wedding, Katie Couric and the Republican presidential candidates during the White House Correspondents Dinner.
Saturday Night Live's Seth Meyers hosted the star-studded White House Correspondents' Association Dinner Saturday night, and he wasted no time in roasting Donald Trump and other controversial media figures.
Below, his seven best moments:
1. On Trump's presidential candidacy: "Donald Trump said that he was running for president as a Republican. That's funny, because I thought he was running as a joke."
2. On Trump's hair: "Donald Trump often appears on Fox, which is ironic because a fox often appears on Donald Trump's head. If you're at the Washington Post table with Trump and you can't finish your entree, don't worry, the fox will eat it."
3. On Trump's accent: "I like that Trump is filthy rich but nobody told his accent. His whole life is models and gold leaf and marble columns but he still sounds like a know-it-all down at the O.T.B."
4. On Sarah Palin: "Donald Trump owns the Miss USA pageant, which is great for Republicans because it will streamline their search for vice president."
5. On the royal wedding: "As I was watching the festivities I couldn't help thinking how wonderful it is to live in a country where people don't have to wear hats like that."
6. On the Republican presidential candidates: "Just look at the options Republicans are kicking around: Palin. Huckabee. Gingrich. Trump. That doesn’t sound like a field of candidates -- that sounds like season 13 of Dancing With The Stars. And not the stars -- the dancers."
7. On departed CBS news anchor Katie Couric: "Katie [Couric] was known best for asking those tough questions, like 'name a newspaper.' "
Watch Meyers at the White House Correspondents Dinner below.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- William Guarnere Dead: 'Band Of Brothers' Vet Dies At 90
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws