Seth Meyers Reveals Biggest Regret About Leaving 'Saturday Night Live' (Video)
The soon-to-be "Late Night" host tells THR he'll "miss the highs and lows" of "SNL" and dishes on the iron-fisted head of state he'd like to book.
Seth Meyers is opening up about leaving Saturday Night Live for Late Night.
"The biggest transition for me is realizing that now when you say 'host' it means me," Meyers tells The Hollywood Reporter. "For 12 and a half years on SNL, it meant a way more famous person than me."
"In high school I was the one who sat in the back of the class and made the sort of very quiet comments. I guess this would be the back of the class moving to the front," Meyers says of hosting. "That should be on a subway poster."
As he prepares to make his Late Night debut Feb. 24, who is his dream guest?
"Vladimir Putin," Meyers jokes, adding that he'll be a "real Vladimir Putin" to his talent department when they inevitably have trouble booking the Russian president on the show.
What will he miss most about SNL, where he worked for 12 years?
"That breakneck rush toward doing a show every Saturday -- that thrill of having to pull it all off in a very short period of time," Meyers says. "Obviously, we have that with our show as well, but I feel like late-night shows that are on every night -- they fall into a pattern and they try to reach a certain quality every night. I will miss the highs and lows of SNL."
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Shakira Reveals Why Music Videos With Men Are 'Out Of the Question'
- Even Juan Pablo Thinks This Season Of 'The Bachelor' Has Been A Soap Opera
- DJ Cassidy Shares Details On New Album, 'Paradise Royale,' And The Resurgence Of Disco
- 7-Year-Old Stuns Viewers When She Sings 'Gloomy Sunday' By Billie Holiday (VIDEO)