Seth Rogen and Zac Efron Teaming Up for Comedy at Universal
Project grew out of a pitch from writers Andrew Cohen and Brendan O'Brien.
Seth Rogen and Zac Efron are teaming up for an untitled comedy at Universal Pictures.
The project began with a pitch from writers Andrew Cohen and Brendan O’Brien, who served as co-producers on Judd Apatow’s Funny People and sold the pitch The Best Thing About Pam Rooney to Universal last year as a vehicle for Jonah Hill.
The new project, which Rogen’s producing partner Evan Goldberg assembled, will pit Rogen, playing an average guy, against Efron’s frat boy.
Rogen and Goldberg will produce through their Point Grey shingle with James Weaver, Cohen and O’Brien as exec producers.
Erik Baiers, Universal vp of production, will oversee for the studio.
Rogen, who was last seen in The Green Hornet and who has been filming My Mother’s Curse with Barbra Streisand, is repped by UTA and Principal Entertainment.
Efron, who’ll next be seen in New Year’s Eve, is repped by CAA and Alchemy Entertainment.
UTA also reps Goldberg, while Cohen and O’Brien are repped by CAA and Brian Lutz Management.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Matt Bomer Talks 'Fifty Shades' Casting Rumors, Wants to Return for 'Magic Mike XXL'!
- Taylor Swift & Sarah Hyland See an Off-Broadway Play Together!
- Hilary Duff Treats Herself to a Vegan Dinner at Crossroads!
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Express Sadness Over Death of Camilla Parker Bowles' Brother