Seth Rogen and Zac Efron Teaming Up for Comedy at Universal
Project grew out of a pitch from writers Andrew Cohen and Brendan O'Brien.
Seth Rogen and Zac Efron are teaming up for an untitled comedy at Universal Pictures.
The project began with a pitch from writers Andrew Cohen and Brendan O’Brien, who served as co-producers on Judd Apatow’s Funny People and sold the pitch The Best Thing About Pam Rooney to Universal last year as a vehicle for Jonah Hill.
The new project, which Rogen’s producing partner Evan Goldberg assembled, will pit Rogen, playing an average guy, against Efron’s frat boy.
Rogen and Goldberg will produce through their Point Grey shingle with James Weaver, Cohen and O’Brien as exec producers.
Erik Baiers, Universal vp of production, will oversee for the studio.
Rogen, who was last seen in The Green Hornet and who has been filming My Mother’s Curse with Barbra Streisand, is repped by UTA and Principal Entertainment.
Efron, who’ll next be seen in New Year’s Eve, is repped by CAA and Alchemy Entertainment.
UTA also reps Goldberg, while Cohen and O’Brien are repped by CAA and Brian Lutz Management.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Audrey Evans and Alonza Bevan of Tumblewild Discuss Their Evocative New Album, When the World Had Four Corners
- Joe McGinniss Dead: 'Fatal Vision' Author Dies At 71
- Shakira Reveals Why Music Videos With Men Are 'Out Of the Question'
- Even Juan Pablo Thinks This Season Of 'The Bachelor' Has Been A Soap Opera