'Sex and the City's' Cynthia Nixon, Miranda Richardson Cast in 'World Without End' Miniseries
Peter Firth has also been tapped for the "Pillars of the Earth" sequel, an eight-hour medieval drama.
AMSTERDAM -- Sex and the City star Cynthia Nixon and Oscar nominees Miranda Richardson and Peter Firth have joined the cast of the epic limited series World Without End, the sequel to Pillars of the Earth.
Also signing up for the eight-hour medieval period drama are Ben Chaplin, Charlotte Riley, Rupert Evans, Megan Follows, Nora von Waldstaetten, Oliver Jackson-Cohen, Tom Weston-Jones and Sarah Gadon.
Michael Caton-Jones (Rob Roy) is directing the entire $44 million event series, which is based on Ken Follett's bestseller of the same name.
Tandem Communications and Take 5 Productions are producing, in co-production with Galafilm and in association with Ridley and Tony Scott's shingle Scott Free Films.
World Without End will shoot on location in Hungary, Slovakia and Austria with Howard Ellis' Mid Atlantic Films.
Tandem has pre-sold the series to several networks worldwide including Channel Four in the U.K., Germany's Sat.1, Shaw Media in Canada, Cuatro in Spain, and Sky Italia for Italy. Sony Pictures Worldwide picked up home entertainment rights to World for English-speaking territories and France.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack