Indiecan Entertainment Takes Canadian Rights to Santa Barbara Title 'Sex After Kids'
Writer/director Jeremy Lalonde's edgy comedy about five couples stars Zoie Palmer, Gordon Pinsent and Kristin Booth.
TORONTO – Indiecan Entertainment has picked up the Canadian rights to writer/director Jeremy Lalonde’s Sex After Kids as the ensemble comedy debuts at the Santa Barbara International Film Festival.
The edgy comedy about the sexual adventures of five couples in parenthood stars Zoie Palmer, Kristin Booth (The Kennedys), Gordon Pinsent, Ennis Esmer and Kate Hewlett.
“At it heart , it's a comedy. Hopefully, if you’re a parent with kids now or in the past, you can empathize. Others will look and say, that’s why they won’t have kids,” Lalonde said of his second feature.
Indiecan plans an early 2014 release after the Canadian indie does a tour of the international festival circuit, including a possible Toronto International Film Festival slot.
The film was produced by Lalonde and Jennifer Liao, and executive produced by Ryan Goldhar.
Sex After Kids has its world bow in Santa Barbara on Saturday, Jan. 26.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR