SFX and Clear Channel Partner for Digital, Terrestrial Radio Push
The marketing and content initiative that will place EDM-related programming on Clear Channel's terrestrial and digital radio stations and in its live venues.
This article first appeared on billboard.com.
SFX is partnering with Clear Channel on a marketing and content initiative that will place EDM-related programming on Clear Channel’s terrestrial and digital radio stations and in its live venues.
Announced in a press release this morning, the partnership will leverage the brand power of Beatport -- a dance-dedicated online music store and one of SFX's many acquisitions in the EDM space -- to create three new products.
Beatport-branded programming will include a national DJ talent contest airing live on select Clear Channel stations nationwide, including Evolution, iHeartRadio's dance music hub (curated by BBC legend Pete Tong). An "original live event series" is also in the works, specifically a national program slated for Halloween 2014.
Perhaps most significant, however, is a weekly Beatport Top 20 Countdown, which will air on at least 10 major-market Clear Channel stations, including Z100/WHTZ in New York and KIIS-FM in L.A. Beatport's Top 10 chart is already one of EDM's primary bellwethers, signaling a new potential star or dominant hit on the current festival-driven scene. But artists with big Beatport tracks don't always "crossover," lacking a platform beyond the site to grow.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR