Shailene Woodley Donating Hair for 'The Fault in Our Stars'
The actress is cutting off her long locks this weekend as she prepares to play a teenager with cancer, but she's giving them to a good cause.
Shailene Woodley's long locks are about to be a thing of the past, but she's donating them to a good cause.
The actress, who's about to play a teenager with cancer in the movie adaptation of the best-selling YA novel The Fault in Our Stars, is chopping off her hair this weekend, the book's author John Green explains on his Tumblr.
She'll be donating her hair to Children With Hair Loss, an organization that provides human-hair replacements to kids who've experienced hair loss due to various medical conditions, Green adds.
This was entirely Woodley's idea, the author says, adding he's not even sure Fox 2000, which is releasing the film, knows about it.
Green has encouraged fans to join the actress and signal their support using the tags "hairforhazel" or "itgrowsback."
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR