Days Before Shain Gandee's Death, 'Buckwild' Co-Star Salwa Amin Jailed for Drug Possession
The 24-year-old party girl tested positive for oxycodone and morphine, and is being held in a West Virginia jail.
Days before MTV’s Buckwild star Shain Gandee was reported dead, his co-star had been jailed.
Salwa Amin, 24, was taken into custody March 27, when a judge determined that she had violated the terms of her release after a Feb. 10 arrest during a drug raid in Charleston, E! News reported. Amin’s court-ordered drug test reportedly came up positive for oxycodone and morphine.
Amin was charged with two counts of drug possession with intent to deliver.
She was initially released from custody on a $100,000 bond, but has since been booked into Braxton County’s Central Regional Jail as a pretrial felon and will be held until her next hearing. Jail officials tell The Hollywood Reporter that Amin is still in custody and is unavailable for comment.
On Monday, it was reported that Gandee had been found dead in his car on Wolf Pen Drive in Sissonville, W.Va., along with his uncle and another unidentified individual. Details surrounding his death are unclear, but the 21-year-old had been reported missing and was last seen at Larry’s Bar in Sissonville at 3 a.m. Sunday, where he told people that he was going off-roading.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Aerosmith's 'Dream On' Performed To Honor Boston Marathon Victims And Survivors (VIDEO)
- Bryan Singer Accused Of Sexually Assaulting Underage Boy
- Masters Of Sex, Girls & "Boogie Train": Conversations with Michael Penn and Foghat's Roger Earl
- The Americans 'New Car' Recap: "I'm a Good Person, I Swear!"